I realized yesterday that I had too many vegetables in my refrigerator and I needed to use them before they go bad. I threw this soup together with what I had. With the rainy weather this soup is exactly what I needed.
To make the soup you will need:
2 tablespoons of olive oil,
2 cloves minced garlic,
1 onion- chopped,
1 yellow bell pepper-chopped,
1 bag of baby carrots,
1 head of cabbage-chopped,
1 12 oz bag of chopped broccoli,
2 32 oz boxes of chicken stock,
1 14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes,
1 tsp salt,
1. Start with a large pot and drizzle olive oil in. Start by sautéing onion and bell pepper. Season with Toni's and salt.
2. Once onion and pepper start to brown add carrots, cabbage, and broccoli.
3. While vegetables are cooking down add the chicken stock and diced tomatoes.
4. Season soup well with salt, pepper, and Toni's.
5. Bring soup to a boil, then reduce heat to low, Cover and let simmer for about an hour.
* soup would also be really good with chicken added to it.