I'm home from vacation and ready for my routine again. When I arrived home I headed straight to Crossfit to meet a group there to practice for a partner competition that we will be doing in a couple of weeks. After crossfit I met up with my friend William who is doing the local cooking show with me. We are doing a Father's Day grilling segment and we needed to test out our recipe. We made this skirt steak and I can honestly say it was one of the best pieces of meat I have had in a while. The marinade was delicious and easy. If you get to watch the show on Friday, this is the recipe for the meat and veggies that we cooked.
To make the steak:
1.5-2 lbs skirt steak or flank steak
2 cloves minced garlic
2 tablespoons raw organic honey
1/8 cup olive oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
Sea salt and pepper
1. In a bowl whisk together garlic, honey, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar
2. Season steak on both sides with salt and pepper
3. Pour marinade on meat and cover on both sides. If you have time let it sit for 2-3 hours in refrigerator.
4. Grill on each side around 5-6 minutes
5. Slice and serve.
6. Use the same marinade on veggies to grill.